Sunday, July 17, 2011

Frank's new sling


I've been smitten with my moby wrap except for a couple of things: 1) it's not quick to put on and when the kid's crying, anything that takes more than 15 seconds feels like eternity and 2) I've only got one of them which creates a problem when it's in the wash and the kid starts crying. I use my wrap as a soother, as a way to get things done around the house, and as a carrier instead of the carseat. I've been looking for a new baby wearing piece of equipment for a couple of weeks and I'm too cheap to afford even what's on ebay, so I decided to sew one after finding a pattern from the makers of the Maya Wrap. I found SlingRings through a recommendation from the thebabywearer.com and ordered a couple of pairs.

I made the first one last night around 1am - the only time it seems I'm able to sew - and was able to stitch it up pretty quickly. I was done by 2am. All it called for was a couple of cuts, a bit of hemming and double stitching the ends 'round the rings. We tested it out today and so far, I like it a lot. We still need to practice some with it, but I really like the ease and quickness of putting it on and him in it. I've got some more fabric coming tomorrow for another one, so hopefully we'll continue to get better using it. At least when I'm done with it, I can recycle the fabric into something else.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment