Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Free time?

Last night the bear and Frank disappeared for about 2.5 hours and I was free to get some tasks crossed off of my list. I finished some more motorcycle napkins, or actually fixed the debacle that I created on Monday. I overprinted a set and a half while hurriedly trying to get them done which means that the prints were basically smeared and overlapping. I was quick to get them to the sink and wash them off before too much of the paint had set and then threw them in the wash to see if I could save them. I'm used to getting at least one bad print every few sets, but this was the biggest batch that I had ruined in a very long while. They came out of the wash just fine and the reprints looked good!

Since I had all of my printing supplies out, I also decided to print out some more packaging since I was about to run out. I print all of my wraps on used paper bags that I get from the grocery store when I forget my totes. It's a great way for me to recycle them and they're just the length I need. Here's what the process looks like:



Everything ran smoothly and I was able to crank out about 120 labels which should keep me going for a long while. Tonight, I'll cut them out using a rotary cutter and a ruler and they will be ready to wrap all of my new goods I'll be taking with me to the Handmade Market this weekend.

I was also able to vacuum all of the rooms in the house, wash dishes, fold a load of clothes, change the sheets on my bed and the crib, pick up everything in the living room, put the mountain of clothes on my dresser away, take out the recycling, and sit down and wait for their return. I don't remember ever being so productive pre-Frank.

No comments:

Post a Comment