Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Craft shows, more crafts, and the bassinet

This weekend at Crafty Feast was a great success!  The weather was a little fickle (well, really fickle at times) but I was able to hang out with my best friends all day and sell a lot of stuff.  There were some great vendors like the Owlette Collective, Sara Lee Parker, and Sixteen Acre Woods along with some Crown Town members such as Verabelle, Jessica's Jacket, and Not Made in China.  There were some well deserved beers at the end of it all too.  Not for me though.

I was able to clean up the craft room a bit, a task well over due, and of course, start a new project.  Exactly what I need, right?  Oh, well.  I can't just sit there you know.  I have some things for Frank's room that I've been itching to make and now is as good a time a any.  The first thing I've started on is a quilt that will go on the wall. 

It's a zig zag quilt and it's a style that I've been wanting to make for a while. It's mostly solids like most of the quilts I like to do, but it has some polka dot fabric in there as well.  It's mostly navy with pops of primary colors, much like his room.  This way, everything and anything will at least match the quilt.  I started piecing it a few weeks ago and revisited it last night.  I think I may get it done this weekend. 

One other reason that I had a need to clean was to make some more room for a napping place which is the Orr bassinet.  It's a bassinet that Mike and his brother used, his cousins, and his cousins children used until now.  I have it in the corner for now and yeah, that's right, I'm putting baby in the corner, nestled by my notions.  I'm sure this will all change soon enough.  I realize that I may be able to pass a soda can through the slats, but we'll deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment