Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Zoom zoom

I've been scavenging thrift stores and ebay for art work for Frank's room for what seems forever now. Since my style is eclectic, you'd think I'd be able to find something by now. I actually have found lots of items that I've liked, but most have been out of my price range. I did find some inspiration however while browsing prints on Etsy in N. Eve Dobson's store. She has some wonderful prints featuring cars, motorcycles, helicopters, and many in her transportation series. My favorite was the Chevy Camaro and so I went with a 70s muscle car theme. I chose a Camaro, Torino, Mustang Fastback and a Chevelle. I had originally thought to silk screen them, but since I wasn't going to make multiples, I decided just to cut them out of paper. I got the images online, tweaked them a bit in photoshop and then printed them out. I traced the outlines and major parts that I wanted to accentuate and then grabbed a brand new x-acto blade and cut the images out of fancy scrapbooking paper. I painted some 10 x 10 canvases with some primary colors, cut out some stars and then Modge Podged it all down. They're not as nice as Dobson's, but you get what you pay for.

No comments:

Post a Comment