Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Confit in a row

I've been searching for recipes to store away for directly after D-Day. This search isn't going too well considering the fact that it seems that only soups and casseroles fall under the freezable category and those choices don't sit too well for me since it will be the beginning summer.  My biggest plan so far is to cook a few whole chickens and shred them for enchiladas, burritos, and chicken salad.  I may make and shred a pork shoulder, just to spice it up a bit. Any ideas would be much appreciated.  I'm actually looking forward to turkey sandwiches again, so that may help ease the burden.  I did stumble across Prince William's groom's cake and recipe pictured here:
 
It looks like it's freezable.

1 comment:

  1. Lasagna would be easy to make and freeze ahead. I'd keep around simple stuff to make spaghetti, sandwiches, etc meals that can be gotten quickly.

    Meatloaf can freeze well. Especially if made as mini meatloaves in a muffin pan.

    ReplyDelete